Shopping online is the norm these days. For a large portion of consumers who own an online store, it may be a good source of steady income or even retirement funds. For those who have or had a “real world” store they could have a chance to expand their business or just basically to keep up with the latest trends.
But, the idea of putting up an entire store from scratch could be quite daunting. A lot of questions can run in your mind. What is the price? Where do I find a source? Where do I keep them?
Although they are all valid questions it does not mean that there aren’t any solutions.
This is where services such as Salehoo come in.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Online Verve’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Salehoo.
Overview: Saleh-what Now? Salehoo Vs Wholesale Central
Salehoo is basically an wholesale and dropshipping directory. This means that they offer sellers a listing of vetted supplies and connect them to each other in order to do business. With the help of Salehoo the owners of online stores can locate suppliers that ensure a steady supply of the item is they are selling.
The list of suppliers on Salehoo can be found all over the globe. From China to Australia as well as from the United States to across the ocean to the United Kingdom, if you are looking for an individual supplier, chances are Salehoo has a supplier there. This is a good result for a small business from Middle Earth.
Yes. Salehoo is a New Zealand based company. It was founded by entrepreneur two of their friends: Simon Slade and Mark Ling. Slade who was selling stuff through a local auction site, was bombarded by questions about how and where he found his suppliers and who his suppliers were. Due to these questions he realized the growing potential of the suppliers with an on-line directory.
Together with Ling they co-founded Salehoo and without their constant commitment, Salehoo would not be here today. With age, Salehoo’s services were only getting better and even became the best directory for looking at dropshipping companies from around the world.
All About Dropshipping
For those not in the in the dropshipping is a way for online sellers to sell products to customers from the suppliers to their customers without them touching the product.
In this way, when customers purchase at an online store, there will be an opportunity that the store doesn’t have contact with the item being sold. The item goes from the vendor to the buyer in a direct manner.
This is essentially eliminates a lot of things. One of them is that an online retailer does not have to maintain inventory of their products. So, overhead costs become less of a headache.
Dropshipping allows the business owner is able to operate his business from wherever they want, in the event that there’s an internet connection and a laptop wired to the internet.
Salehoo is primarily an online directory of suppliers. While they inform customers of the best places to purchase the items that they need and want, Salehoo themselves do not sell their own products. They sell services.
Since they’ve been in operation for nearly 20 years now, it is natural for their range of services to grow. Some of which we shall examine below.
For entrepreneurs who are online This and another feature is the meat of the products offered by Salehoo. Customers who avail of these services will have access to 1000 dropship suppliers which are carefully scrutinized by Salehoo.
Users who use this service can rest assured that anyone they get in touch with from this list won’t be someone who is not trustworthy.
This is in comparison to other dropship merchants who don’t use services such as Salehoo. They are more vulnerable to be scammed than the typical customer.
Through this directory, customers will find plenty of information on the suppliers. This could include, but are not restricted to:
- Contact Information
- Product Variety
- Good quality products
- Customer Service reviewers
- Their shipping locations
- Their preferred method of shipment
For dropshipping businesses, salehoo is able to provide suppliers for most common products and categories from fashion things like clothes and accessories to the cool stuff like toys and gadgets and even exotic items like antiques. Salehoo Vs Wholesale Central
While everybody is gushing about dropship companies, it doesn’t mean that Salehoo doesn’t provide a directory of wholesale suppliers. These suppliers are also thoroughly and rigorously vetted by the company as those of the dropship ones.
In actuality, the list of Salehoo’s of vetted wholesale suppliers are more than that of their list of dropship suppliers. They number eight thousand (8000)
Similar to dropship suppliers the list of dropship suppliers can provide you with a lot of the necessary details
Wholesale products from these suppliers are sold at their true wholesale value. That means that there is no additional cost that you must pay to Salehoo. Afterall, it is the list of suppliers you have paid for, not the products.
Salehoo offers wholesale suppliers for a variety of brands including Lego, Adidas, Sony, 3m and even Disney. With the list of suppliers on Salehoo’s website, you are sure that what you purchase is authentic
This list of wholesale suppliers and dropship suppliers comprise this directory. Salehoo Directory. Salehoo Vs Wholesale Central
Market Research and Market Research Labs.
Market research is a crucial aspect to succeed in running a business. In order to stay competitive, a retailer must know what they should sell and for how much.
Potential retailers, or those seeking to expand their business by offering other products, figuring out what to sell can also be a challenge.
For the most part, looking for an opportunity to fill the market is the most common solution. But, even so it could take some trial and error to identify this particular niche. Salehoo’s market research and research labs remove the need for trial and trial and.
In looking for a niche, while it is human nature to look for items based on intuition which often leads to wrong decisions. What they should consider is data that is objective and unfiltered.
With Salehoo keeping track of around 1.6 million items in their database the information is accessible to customers and it is their responsibility to make use of this information.
It is important to remember that the information you receive will depend on where you are as well as your currency , therefore there may be some slight discrepancies here and there. But their estimates of price are very accurate in general.
These data can be processed in four ways within the service. These includes:
- Type of product
- Sell rate
- Average cost
Perhaps you’re wondering, Salehoo dropship? Did you not mention that Salehoo is only a directory and therefore does not offer products? So what is this Salehoo Dropship?
Sure, Salehoo is still an online directory of suppliers. Salehoo dropship does not mean that Salehoo has become the retailer of their own. Salehoo dropship basically refers to the latest tool Salehoo has for shopify owners.
The tool for automation basically connects Salehoo to the Shopify environment.
There is no longer a time when you squander your time scouring through catalogues of products from suppliers. This tool will make your life easier. Shopify store owners can have their lives simplified.
This tool lets them have a direct access to the aforementioned list of Salehoo’s 1000 vetted dropship providers and, just a click away and display their chosen products on your shopify website or store. Of course, the price of these items will remain at the discretion of the store’s owner.
This saves a lot of time which can be utilized for market research or even just for free time. Salehoo Vs Wholesale Central
In all honesty the most interesting aspect of salehoo is their training guides. They offer full-length training guides that have a lot to be related to managing an online store.
What is so surprising about it, you might ask? It is due to the depth of these guides. The guides cover how to put up your merch to various online stores, like eBay or Amazon.
They also provide guides on how to set up your online shop. They also provide guides on how to establish your business, how to comply with tax laws, and even guidance on how to import into various countries. They have it all covered.
This is one of the greatest benefits that the service can offer.
Customer Service and Support
When it comes to things to do with commerce, business, or money. It is important that a website has an efficient and responsive customer service.
Customer service at Salehoo is exactly like the one at. Well at least according to the majority of online discussions about their customer service.
If you look at their hours of operation of 5:45 p.m. to the time of 1:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. If there are any issues you need to contact them via live chat via email or via phone from Monday to Friday around these times.
Their Twitter and Facebook pages can also be used to contact customer service if you prefer making use of these channels.
However, this doesn’t mean that their customer service is flawless. There is always an area that can be improved.
One such thing could be expanding their customers’ service times on the weekend to give those who only operate their online retail during this time a chance to contact them whenever assistance is required. Salehoo Vs Wholesale Central
Another would be to have customer service help in looking for items that aren’t listed, should they be unlisted. Just like how Worldwide Brands, another wholesale and dropshipping directory.
Overall, though Salehoo’s client support and service are performing well, they can still improve their services. Of course, these changes should be done without sacrificing their excellent service.
Salehoo’s services are available at an affordable price of $67 per one year subscription. It includes access to the whole Salehoo Supplier Directory, both dropshipping and wholesale. Also included are the Market Research Labs, personal email support, as well as access to a forum for members.
If, for the first year, you are happy you are satisfied with your service. You can either renew your subscription, or get life-long access to the service for just $127. This is actually the more popular choice between the two.
These prices are a bargain compared to other supplier directory services.
However, we can’t say that there’s no possibility that you won’t match with the way that Salehoo’s offerings are. To address this, Salehoo offers a 60-day money back guarantee. It’s as simple as sending an email to email@example.com up to 60 days after you bought the service.
The other feature they have added to the service is their 7 day trial that costs $1. If you’re looking to dip your toes in the service and not plunge into it, you can go through this trial with full access to their wholesale directory and labs for only $1.
PROS and CONS
An easy and quick method of determining if the Salehoo service is suitable for you is to look at the advantages and disadvantages. Although it’s not a replacement for actual experiences with the service, it’s still important to get a heads-up of what you are paying for and what the potential issues are. Salehoo Vs Wholesale Central
- Good Customer Service: Those who have had the pleasure of getting contact with Salehoo’s customer service appear to have nothing bad to say about them. The availability of the company’s customer service allows customers to reach them whenever they require. This is valuable service to anyone who is just starting with online shopping.
- Diverse and Numerous Brands: Salehoo has supplies from several brands. It includes Lego, Samsung, Levi’s, Disney among others. You can get items from the most well-known brands along with some specific items.
- Suppliers You You Trust: Salehoo makes sure that they have only the top and most trusted suppliers listed in their database. With their stringent vetting process, customers can be sure that wherever they buy their supplies can be trusted. That is if you pick one from Salehoo’s directory.
- Beginner Friendly Training Beginner Friendly Training Salehoo offers a dazzling training area. The guides they offer for paying customers are as comprehensive and helpful as they could be. A few of the guides addressed problems that frequently pop up in their community forums.
- Hidden Fees = None: Salehoo itself is cheap and accessible, with a price of just $67 for a year’s worth of subscription. The only thing that customers need to be concerned about is fees to apply that the company itself charges and that’s the responsibility of the customer and the supplier.
- Money-back Guaranteed Service Salehoo assures that they will provide a satisfactory service. They offer a 60-day money back guarantee in the event that you feel they did not make the right decision. It’s a complete refund without requirements asked.
- Low Minimum Orders Required: Salehoo’s suppliers need just low minimum orders. This is particularly beneficial for wholesale stores that don’t have enough inventory space or who are just testing out the waters.
- Informative and thorough Market Research Market research by Salehoo is among the top available. With accurate information from prices, market trends, and the like, you are sure that you’ve got all the information you need to make a move with your choice.
- Some of the features can be difficult to use If you are not familiar with online retailing Saleshoo’s data, though extremely helpful, can be intimidating to people who aren’t familiar with the process. This is particularly true if the user does not know what some terms mean and what some metrics are for.
- Market fees that are unavoidable: The majority of the retail on the internet today typically happens on larger websites such as Ebay and Amazon and this includes Salehoo users. Fees from these marketplaces can be costly and cut out on the profit margins.
- Less Branding Opportunities It is a problem that most wholesalers can have a problem with. Dropshipping and wholesale only allow you to market the products of other companies. Therefore, unless do your due diligence you will have little chance for your business to expand. The result is that most customers are making use of third-party marketplaces and sites to market their products.
- More Products, but fewer compared to the competition: 1.6 million is not a meager number. But for an online retailer it could be a bit too small of a number. Some stores have even triple the number of customers.
- No existing location-based search is available Location-based search of suppliers is problematic and somewhat annoying at best. For online sellers it can be a huge problem as the majority of customers want new and quick access to suppliers. Additionally, it could be the source of bottlenecks that could stop a whole operation of an online store
All in all, Salehoo is a good service to start with if you are just finding your way around ecommerce. They offer a lot of things that can be extremely useful to those who are already accustomed to online shopping, and also for those who are new to the field. Salehoo Vs Wholesale Central
They have a Market Research tool, while highly comprehensive and robust however, it can be intimidating for novices. But, this is addressed with the help of tutorials and guides for free which are offered at any time you utilize the tools.
As for their directories, even though they have fewer suppliers than the competition (1000 for dropshipping, and 8000 for wholesalers) These suppliers can be trusted through their vetting process.
The low cost of Salehoo is also excellent. The annual price of $67 is a lot to offer, and their lifetime access price is also quite affordable.
If you are happy with Salehoo’s service and are sure to use the services for a longer amount of time, the price of $127 would seem a cheaper and better option than paying the yearly fee.
Of course this only applies when you’re serious in diving into the world of e-commerce. In other cases, it’s more beneficial to search for stuff yourself.
FAQs Salehoo Vs Wholesale Central
Do I need to buy Salehoo?
The decision is completely dependent on you.
If you are serious in pursuing a career in eCommerce or are interested in trying droppingshipping as a side business using Salehoo’s services, then they can be a great option for you to use. The directories and market research of Salehoo can help you find the perfect niche to start with.
If you’re not committed to your venture, you’ll only waste your money. The process of creating a professional online store requires lots of effort and commitment. While there are testimonies in Salehoo’s websites that give testimonials of how beneficial Salehoo is, these individuals have also devoted a significant portion of their time to reaching where they are today.
Does Salehoo offer a free trial period?
Salehoo does not have a free trial period. They have a cheap trial period.
While Salehoo has a fairly affordable cost and a 100% refund for unsatisfied customers It also provides seven-day trial options for the price of just $1. It may not be completely free, but it is nevertheless a reasonable cost to try the service.
Does Salehoo Compatible with Shopify?
Yes, Salehoo can be integrated with Shopify using Salehoo dropshipping.
Salehoo dropshipping, the most recent service provided by Salehoo integrates Shopify. It is not that difficult to set-up. Once it is done, you are able to display these products in your Shopify webpage at the click of just two buttons.
Is Salehoo a scam?
Yes, Salehoo is not a scam..
Salehoo is a BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating of A. Customers can be sure of the fact that Salehoo will:
- Response to complaints of customers as quickly as is possible
- Follow the BBB Code of Advertising
- Any disagreements that arise between the company and the customers
Salehoo also provides an unconditional money-back guarantee. If customers aren’t satisfied with the service can wait at least 60 days to apply for a full refund or a full refund of the membership.
In the next 60 days, any paying customer are granted unlimited access to their supplier list, Market Research Lab, and their training guides and other resources for learning.
Salehoo’s customer service is also an example of how reliable they are. With a customer service team who replies fast and timely and ensures that their customers get the best service they get for their money.
Where can I get in touch with Salehoo customer service?
Customer service at Salehoo can be contacted through live chat in their website.
They can also be reached through their email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also be reached from their facebook and twitter accounts to get fast assistance.
They also have a toll free number at (888) 881-8703. For US customers they can make an attempt to call (213) 839-6836.
If you are a customer in Canada they can try calling via +1 647-846 8912
They are open Monday through Friday from 5:30 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.