Online shopping has become the norm nowadays. For a large portion of consumers creating an online store can be a source of steady income or even retirement funds. For those who own or had a “real world” store they could have a chance to expand their business or just basically to stay ahead of the times.
However, the thought of building your own store from scratch can be very intimidating. A lot of questions can be running through your head. What is the price? Where do I locate a vendor? Where do I keep them?
Although they are all valid questions it doesn’t mean there aren’t any solutions.
This is where services like Salehoo are available.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Online Verve’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Salehoo.
Overview: Saleh-what Now? Salehoo Vs Upside Stock
Salehoo is basically an wholesale and dropshipping directory. This means that they offer sellers a listing of approved supplies and connect them with each for the purpose of conducting business. With the assistance of Salehoo online store owners can locate suppliers that ensure a steady supply of goods and stocks of the item is that they’re selling.
Salehoo’s list of suppliers can be found all over the globe. All the way from China to Australia as well as from the United States to across the Atlantic to the United Kingdom, if you want to find a supplier somewhere there is a good chance that Salehoo has a partner there. Not bad for a small firm from Middle Earth.
Yes. Salehoo is an New Zealand based company. It was started by two entrepreneur partners: Simon Slade and Mark Ling. Slade who was selling stuff through a local auction site was bombarded with questions as to how and where he found his suppliers and who the suppliers were. Due to these questions he saw the increasing potential of online a directory for suppliers.
Together with Ling together, they created Salehoo and without their constant dedication, Salehoo would not be here today. With time, Salehoo’s offerings were only getting better and even became the most reliable directories for looking at dropshipping providers from all over the globe.
All About Dropshipping
For those not in the know, dropshipping is a method for online sellers to sell products to customers from the suppliers, without having to touch the product.
In this way, when the customer purchases through an online retailer there is a possibility wherein the store doesn’t have contact with the item being sold. The item is shipped from the supplier to the buyer directly.
This basically eliminates many things. One of them is that an online retailer does not have to maintain inventory of its items. This means that overhead costs can be reduced to a minimum.
With dropshipping, the business owner can operate his shop whenever and wherever they want, in the event that there’s a laptop and it is wired with the web.
Salehoo is primarily an online supplier directory. While they tell customers about where to buy the products that they need and want, Salehoo themselves do not sell their own products. They sell services.
In the context of being in operation for nearly 20 years it’s normal for their array of services to expand. A few of them we will discuss below.
Online entrepreneurs This and another aspect is the core of the products offered by Salehoo. Customers who avail of these services are given access to 1000 dropship suppliers which are carefully scrutinized by Salehoo.
Anyone who uses this service can rest assured that anyone they get in touch with from this list will not be a shady person.
This is in contrast to other dropship merchants who do not avail of services such as Salehoo. They are more prone to being swindled than the average consumer.
In this directory, consumers can get a wealth of information about the suppliers. This could include, but are not only:
- Contact Information
- Product Variety
- Good quality products
- Customer Service reviewers
- Their shipping locations
- Their preferred shipping method
For dropshipping companies, salehoo can supply suppliers for the majority of items and categories ranging from trendy stuff like clothes and accessories to the cool gadgets and toys and even exotic items such as antiques. Salehoo Vs Upside Stock
While everybody is gushing about dropship providers, it doesn’t mean that Salehoo does not offer a directory of their wholesale suppliers. These suppliers are just as meticulously and heavily checked by the company like the dropship ones.
In fact, Salehoo’s list of vetted wholesale suppliers are more than that of their list of dropship suppliers. They have eight thousand (8000)
Like the dropship suppliers, this list can also offer you lots of information you need to know.
The products of these wholesale sellers are offered at their authentic wholesale value. This means that there could be no additional cost that you must pay to Salehoo. Afterall, it is that list of providers that you paid for, and not the products.
Salehoo offers wholesale suppliers for a variety of brands like Lego, Adidas, Sony, 3m and even Disney. With the list of suppliers on Salehoo’s website, you are sure that what you receive is genuine
The wholesalers and dropshippers make up Salehoo Directory. Salehoo Directory. Salehoo Vs Upside Stock
Market Research and Market Research Labs.
Market research is an important aspect if someone wants to be successful in their business. To remain in the market, retailers must be aware of what products they must sell and at what price.
For potential retailers or for those who are looking to expand their business using other products, figuring out what products to market can be challenging to determine.
Most of the time, looking for an area of interest to fill the market is typically the solution. But, even so, it might take trial and error to identify this particular niche. Salehoo’s market research and research labs eliminates the need for this trial and trial and.
When looking for a niche it is natural to look for products that appeal to our instincts and often results in erroneous decision making. What they should consider is pure and unbiased data.
With Salehoo keeping track of around 1.6 million items in their directory the information is available to the customers, and it is up to them to use the information.
It is vital to remember: this information will always depend on where you are as well as the currency you use, so there could be a little discrepancies here and there. However , their price estimates have been very accurate overall.
These data can be filtered in four ways in the service. This includes:
- Product type
- Sell rate
- Average cost
You might be asking, Salehoo dropship? Didn’t you mention that Salehoo is only an online directory and doesn’t sell anything? What exactly is Salehoo Dropship?
Sure, Salehoo continues to be an online supplier directory. Salehoo dropship does not mean that salehoo is now their own retailer. Salehoo dropship basically refers to the brand new tool Salehoo offers to shopify owners.
This tool automates the process of integrating Salehoo to the Shopify platform.
The days are gone when you squander your time scouring through catalogues of products from suppliers. With this tool. Shopify store owners will have their lives simplified.
This tool allows them to gain access to the previously mentioned list of Salehoo’s 1000 vetted dropship providers and, by a single click to display their items on your shopify site or store. However, of course the cost of these items will be determined by the store’s owner.
This can save a lot of time that can be used to conduct market research, or just to take the occasional time off. Salehoo Vs Upside Stock
To be honest the most interesting thing about salehoo are their guides to training. They offer full-length training guides that cover a wide range of topics to deal with running an online shop.
Why is it surprising you ask? Well it is because of how extensive these guides are. These guides include on how to sell your merchandise to several online stores such as eBay and Amazon.
They even provide guidance on how to setup your online shop. They also provide guides on how to establish your business, how to comply with tax laws, and even guides on how you can import your products to various countries. They provide everything you need.
It’s among the top benefits that the service can offer.
Customer Service and Support
Concerning matters dealing with trade, business, and money. It is crucial for a website to have an efficient and responsive customer service.
The customer support at Salehoo is just like that. At least, according to most online talk about their customer service.
If you look at their hours of operation of 5:45 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. If you encounter any issues, you can contact them via live chat via email or by phone between Monday and Friday around these times.
Their Facebook and Twitter pages can also be used for customer service if you’d rather using those avenues.
However, this does not suggest that the customer experience is perfect. There’s always room that can be improved.
One option is the possibility of extending their customer support times on the weekend so that they can give people who only run their online store during that time the chance to reach them at any time assistance is required. Salehoo Vs Upside Stock
Another option is to provide assistance from customer service in searching for unlisted products when they’re not listed. Similar to how Worldwide Brands, another wholesale and dropshipping directory.
Overall, while Salehoo’s customer service and support is performing well, they can still enhance their service. Of course, these improvements must be made without compromising their already satisfactory service.
Salehoo’s services are available at an affordable price of $67 for one year access. This gives you access to the complete Salehoo Supplier Directory, both wholesale and dropshipping. It also includes the aforementioned Market Research Labs, personal email support and access to a member’s forum.
If after the first year you are satisfied with the service. You can either renew your service or get Lifetime access for $127. This is by far the most well-known option of two options.
These prices are cheap in comparison to other directory services.
However, we can’t deny that there is a possibility that you won’t fit with how Salehoo’s services are. For that, Salehoo offers a 60-day money back guarantee. The process is as easy as sending an email to email@example.com up to 60 days after you bought the service.
Also new to the service is their 7 day trial for $1. If you just want to dip your toes in the service and not plunge in, you can try this trial with full access to their wholesale database and labs for just $1.
PROS and CONS
A quick and easy method of determining if the Salehoo service is for you is to examine the pros and cons. Although it’s not a substitute for real knowledge of the product, it is still important to get an understanding of the services you pay for and what their potential problems are. Salehoo Vs Upside Stock
- Excellent Customer Service: Customers who have experienced getting contact with Salehoo’s customer service have nothing bad to say to them. The availability of the company’s customer service allows customers to get in touch with them whenever they’re required to. This is valuable service to anyone just starting out in online retail.
- Multiple Brands and Diverse Brands: Salehoo has supplies from numerous brands. These include Lego, Samsung, Levi’s, Disney among others. You can get items from the most popular brands as well as some more niche items.
- Suppliers You You Trust: Salehoo makes sure that they only have the best and most trusted suppliers listed in their database. By undergoing a rigorous process of vetting, customers can be sure that wherever they buy their items, they are able to trust. That is if you pick one from Salehoo’s directory.
- Beginning Friendly Training Beginner Friendly Training Salehoo offers a dazzling training area. The guides available for paying customers are as extensive and useful as they could be. Some of these guides were problems that frequently be discussed on their forums for community members.
- Hidden Fees = Zero: Salehoo itself is cheap and reasonable, costing only $67 for a year’s worth of subscription. The only thing users have to worry about are the fees for application from the supplier themselves and that’s the responsibility of the customer and the supplier.
- Money-back Guaranteed Service Salehoo assures that they will provide a satisfactory service. As such, they provide 60-day money-back guarantees in the event that you feel they didn’t make the right decision. This is a full reimbursement with no questions asked.
- Low Required Minimum Orders: Salehoo’s suppliers need only minimal minimum orders. This is particularly beneficial for wholesale stores that don’t have enough inventory or who are only testing the waters.
- Informative and Comprehensive Market Research Saleshoo’s market research is among the top in the business. With reliable information about the market, prices and other information, you are sure that you have everything you need to make a move with your decision.
- Can Be Difficult to Use: For people who are new to online retailing, Salehoo’s information, while very helpful can be very intimidating to certain. This is especially true if the user does not be aware of what certain terms mean and what some metrics mean.
- Market fees that are unavoidable: The majority of the online shopping typically happens on larger websites like Ebay and Amazon as well as Salehoo users. Fees from these marketplaces can be expensive and may reduce profits margins.
- Fewer Branding Opportunities It is a problem that most wholesalers can have a problem with. Dropshipping and wholesaling only permit you to sell products of others. Therefore, unless make sure you are doing your homework it is very unlikely for your brand to grow. It is the reason that most consumers are using third-party sites and marketplaces to sell their products.
- Less Products in comparison to Competition: 1.6 million is not an insignificant number. However, for an online supplier, this can be a bit too small of a number. Some stores have even more than this.
- None Existent Location-Based Search The absence of a location-based search for suppliers is extremely inconvenient and a bit irritating at best. For online stores, this can be a significant issue as most would want a quick and simple access to the suppliers. Additionally, it could be the bottleneck that can end the entire operation of an online store
All in all, Salehoo is a good service to start with if you’re still finding your way around ecommerce. They provide a variety of things that can be extremely useful to those who are already familiar with the e-commerce process as well as for beginners. Salehoo Vs Upside Stock
The Market Research tool, while extremely robust and comprehensive but can be a bit intimidating to beginners. However, this could be remedied by the tutorials and guides for free that are available at any time you utilize the services.
In terms of their directories although they’ve got smaller suppliers than their competition (1000 for dropshipping, and 8000 for wholesalers), these suppliers can be confirmed by their vetting procedure.
The salehoo price is also very good. The annual cost of $67 has a lot to offer and the lifetime access price is also very affordable.
For those who are satisfied with Salehoo’s service and are certain to continue using the service for a long period of time, then the price of $127 is a much less expensive and better option than paying the yearly cost.
This is of course only applicable only if you are seriously interested in getting into online shopping. In other cases, it’s more beneficial to search for stuff yourself.
FAQs Salehoo Vs Upside Stock
Should I get Salehoo?
The choice is up to you.
If you are serious in pursuing a career in eCommerce or want to try dropshipping as a side hustle and sell products on Salehoo, it could be a great tool for you to have. Directories and market research from Salehoo can help you find the right niche to start with.
But, if you’re not serious with your business, then you will only be wasting your money. Making a successful online store takes lots of effort and commitment. There are plenty of testimonies on Salehoo’s websites that give testimonials about how effective Salehoo is, these individuals have also devoted a significant portion of their time to reaching where they are now.
Does Salehoo offer a free trial period?
Salehoo is not offering a free trial period. They offer a trial for a low cost period.
While Salehoo has a fairly affordable price , and offers a complete refund for unsatisfied customers and offers seven-day trial options for the price of $1. Although it’s not completely free, but it’s nevertheless a reasonable price to test the service.
Does Salehoo compatible with Shopify?
Yes, Salehoo is compatible with Shopify with Salehoo dropshipping.
Salehoo dropshipping. The newest service provided by Salehoo has Shopify integration. It’s not too difficult to set up. Once you’ve done that, you can show these items on your Shopify website with the press of a few buttons.
Is Salehoo a scam?
The truth is that Salehoo is not a fraud.
Salehoo is a BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating of A. Customers can rest sure that Salehoo will:
- Answer customers complaints as fast as possible
- Follow the BBB Code of Advertising
- Dissolve any disputes between the business and its customers
Salehoo also offers a money back guarantee. If customers aren’t satisfied with the service have at minimum 60 days to request for the full amount of their membership.
Within the 60-day period, any paying customer have unrestricted access to their supplier list, Market Research Lab, as well as their guides and training resources.
Salehoo’s customer service is also an indication of how trustworthy they are. With a committed customer service who responds promptly and quickly and ensures that their customers receive what they get for their money.
How can I reach Salehoo support?
Customer service at Salehoo can be reached via live chat on their website.
They can also be reached through their email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach them from their facebook and twitter accounts to get fast assistance.
There is also a toll-free number: (888) 881-8703. For US customers, they can call (213) 839-6836.
For customers located in Canada they may try calling through +1 647 846 8912
They are available from Monday to Friday from 5:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.