Shopping online is the norm nowadays. For a lot of people, building an online store may be a good source of income that is steady or even just retirement money. If you own or previously owned a “real world” store they could have a chance to expand their business or just basically to keep up with the latest trends.
The thought of building your own store from scratch can be very intimidating. There are many questions that be running through your head. How much does it cost? Where do I find a source? How do I store them?
While these are all valid questions, it does not mean that there aren’t any alternative solutions.
This is where services such as Salehoo come in.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Online Verve’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Salehoo.
Overview: Saleh-what Now? Salehoo Vs Of Which
Salehoo is an online dropshipping and wholesale directory. What this means is that they provide sellers a list of approved products and connect them to each with the intention of doing business. With the aid of Salehoo online store owners can find suppliers that will give them a steady supply of the item is that they’re selling.
The suppliers listed on Salehoo’s list can be found all over the world. From China to Australia and across the United States to across the ocean to the United Kingdom, if you want to find some kind of supplier in a particular location you are likely to find Salehoo has a partner there. It’s not bad for a tiny company located in Middle Earth.
Yes. Salehoo is an New Zealand based company. It was created by two business friends: Simon Slade and Mark Ling. Slade who was selling products through a local auction site was bombarded with inquiries about where he found his suppliers and who the suppliers were. Because of these inquiries, Slade realized the potential of providing online a directory for suppliers.
Together with Ling together, they created Salehoo and without their continuous commitment, Salehoo would not be present today. With age, Salehoo’s services have only improved, even becoming one of the best directory for looking at dropshipping companies from around the world.
All About Dropshipping
For those who do not know, dropshipping is an option for online retailers to sell items directly from suppliers to their customers without touching the item.
In this way, when a customer buys from an online retailer there is an opportunity that the retailer does not get in touch with the product being sold. The product is delivered from the seller to the buyer in a direct manner.
This generally does away with several aspects. For one, an online retailer does not have to maintain inventory of their products. That means overhead expenses can be less of a hassle.
Through dropshipping, the owner of the business can run his shop whenever and wherever they are, just so long as they have a laptop that is wired to the internet.
Salehoo is first and foremost an online supplier directory. While they tell customers about where they can purchase the goods that they need and want, Salehoo themselves do not sell their own products. What they sell are their services.
Since they’ve been operating for more than 20 years It is natural for their range of services to expand. A few of them we will examine below.
Online entrepreneurs This and another feature is the meat of the services offered by Salehoo. Customers who use these services have access to over 1000 dropship companies which are carefully scrutinized by Salehoo.
Customers who avail of this service can be sure that anyone they get in touch with from this list will not be someone who is not trustworthy.
This is in comparison with other dropship merchants who don’t have access to services such as Salehoo. They are more susceptible to be scammed than the average customer.
Through this directory, customers can get a wealth of information on the suppliers. This includes but is not limited to:
- Contact Information
- Product Range
- Good quality products
- Reviewers of Customer Service
- Their Shipping Locations
- Their preferred method of shipment
For dropshipping companies, salehoo can provide suppliers for most common categories and products, from fashion items like clothing and accessories, to cool gadgets and toys as well as exotic stuff such as antiques. Salehoo Vs Of Which
Everyone is talking about dropship suppliers, this isn’t a reason to assume that Salehoo does not have a directory for their wholesale suppliers. These suppliers are also highly scrutinized and thoroughly scrutinized by the company as those of the dropship ones.
In reality, Salehoo’s list of wholesale suppliers vetted by Salehoo is more than that of their dropship list. They are ranked at 8000 (8000)
Like the dropship companies, this list can also give you a wealth of the necessary details
The products of these wholesale suppliers come at their genuine wholesale value. This means there might be no additional cost that you have to pay to Salehoo. It’s the list of suppliers that you have paid for, not the actual products.
Salehoo has wholesale suppliers for a variety of brands such as Lego, Adidas, Sony, 3m and even Disney. With the suppliers listed on Salehoo’s list, you can be sure that the products you purchase is authentic
Both these list of dropship and wholesale suppliers make up the Salehoo Directory. Salehoo Vs Of Which
Market Research and Market Research Labs.
Market research is an important aspect if someone wants to be successful in their business. In order to stay in the market, retailers must be aware of the products they should offer and at what price.
Potential retailers, or those who are looking to expand their business using different products, searching for what products to market can be challenging to determine.
In the majority of cases, looking for a niche to fill in the market is usually the solution. However, even then it may take trial and error to identify this specific market. Salehoo’s market research and research labs eliminate the need for that trial and error.
When looking for a niche it is human nature to look for products based on instinct and often results in wrong decisions. What you should be looking at is data that is objective and unfiltered.
With Salehoo keeping track of around 1.6 million items in their catalog the information is accessible to their customers. It is up to them to make use of this knowledge.
It is vital to remember: this information will always depend on where you are and also your currency so there can be some slight discrepancies here and there. However , their price estimates have been very precise in general.
These data can be filtering in four different ways through the service. This include:
- Product type
- Sell rate
- Average cost
Now you might ask, Salehoo dropship? Did you not mention that Salehoo is a directory and therefore does not offer products? So what exactly is Salehoo Dropship?
Yes, Salehoo is still an online directory of suppliers. Salehoo dropship does not mean that salehoo has become the retailer of their own. Salehoo dropship basically refers to the latest tool Salehoo provides to Shopify owners.
This tool automates the process of integrating Salehoo into the Shopify environment.
The days are gone when you spend your precious time looking through product catalogs of suppliers. This tool will make your life easier. Shopify store owners have their lives made easier.
This tool allows them to get access to the aforementioned list of Salehoo’s 1000 vetted dropship companies and, with a single click and display their chosen items on your shopify site or store. However, of course the price of these products will still be at the discretion of the store’s owner.
This will save time which can be utilized to conduct market research, or just to take free time. Salehoo Vs Of Which
To be honest the most intriguing feature of salehoo is their guides for training. They offer full-length training guides that have a lot to deal with managing an online store.
What is so surprising about it, you might ask? This is because of how comprehensive these guides are. These guides provide instructions on how to sell your merchandise to several online stores such as eBay or Amazon.
They even provide guidance on how to setup your online store. They also provide guides on how to register your business, tax laws, and even guidance on how to import into different countries. They have it all covered.
This is one of the greatest bonuses the service could offer.
Customer Service and Support
Concerning things to do with business, trade, and money. It is crucial for websites to provide an efficient and responsive customer service.
The customer support at Salehoo is exactly like that. At least, according to most online talk about their customer support.
Judging by their operating times of 5:45 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. If you encounter any issues you need to contact them through live chat via email or by phone between Monday and Friday at around those times.
Their Facebook and Twitter pages can also be used to provide customer service if you’d rather using those avenues.
However, this does not necessarily mean their service to customers is excellent. There’s always a place to be improved upon.
One option is to extend their customer support hours during the weekend to allow people who can only manage their online business during the weekend the opportunity to call whenever they help is needed. Salehoo Vs Of Which
Another option is to provide customer service help in looking for items that aren’t listed, when they’re not listed. Similar to how Worldwide Brands, another wholesale and dropshipping directory.
Overall, though Salehoo’s client service and support is performing well however, they could improve their customer service. Of course, any changes must be made without compromising their already satisfactory service.
Salehoo’s services are offered for purchase at a low cost of $67 for a 1 year subscription. It includes access to the entire Salehoo Supplier Directory, both wholesale and dropshipping. Also included are the Market Research Labs, personal email support and access to a member’s forum.
If after the first year you are satisfied with the service. You can either renew your subscription, or get life-long access to the service for just $127. This is by far the most well-known option of the two.
These prices are cheap when compared with other directory of suppliers services.
But, we cannot deny that there is a possibility that you won’t match with the way that Salehoo’s offerings are. In that case, Salehoo offers a 60-day money back guarantee. Accessing this is as easy by sending an email email@example.com up to 60 days from when you purchased the product.
The other feature they have added to their service is their 7 day trial that costs $1. If you’re just looking to try dipping your toes into the service and not plunge into it, you can go through this trial and gain access to their wholesale database and labs for just $1.
PROS and CONS
A quick and easy method to determine whether the Salehoo service is for you is to look at the pros and cons. While it is not a replacement for actual knowledge of the product, it is still important to get a heads-up of what you’re paying for and what their potential problems are. Salehoo Vs Of Which
- Good Customer Service: Those who have been contact with Salehoo’s customer service appear to have nothing negative to say to them. Salehoo’s accessible operating hours allows customers to get in touch with them whenever they’re required to. This is an important service for anyone who is just starting on the path to online retail.
- Diverse and Numerous Brands: Salehoo has supplies from several brands. This includes Lego, Samsung, Levi’s, Disney among others. There are items available from the most popular brands and also some special ones.
- Suppliers You can You Trust: Salehoo makes sure that they have the best and most trusted suppliers in their database. Through their rigorous vetting process they can ensure that wherever they buy their products, they can trust them. This is the case if you choose one from the Salehoo directory.
- Beginning Friendly Training – Salehoo offers a dazzling training space. The guides they have available for paying customers are as comprehensive and helpful as they can be. Some of these guides were problems that would so often be discussed on their forums for community members.
- Hidden Fees = Zero: Salehoo itself is cheap and reasonable, costing only $67 for a year’s subscription. The only thing users have to be concerned about is the application fee from the supplier themselves and that’s the responsibility of the client and the provider.
- Money-back Guaranteed Service Salehoo assures that they will provide a quality service. Therefore, they offer 60 days of money-back guarantee to those who feel they made the right decision. It’s a complete refund with no need to ask questions.
- Low Minimum Orders Required Suppliers of Salehoo require only low minimum orders. This is ideal for wholesale shops that don’t have enough stock room or those who are just trying out the waters.
- Informative and thorough Market Research Saleshoo’s market research is among the best available. With accurate information from price, market trends and other information You can be sure that you’ve got everything you need to move forward in your choice.
- Some of the features can be difficult to use It can be difficult to use for those who are not familiar with online retailing Saleshoo’s data, though extremely helpful, can be daunting to some. This is especially the case in the event that the buyer does not understand what certain terms mean and what some metrics are for.
- Market fees that are unavoidable: The majority of the retail on the internet today typically happens on larger websites like Ebay and Amazon and this includes Salehoo users. The fees charged by these marketplaces can be expensive and may cut out on the profits margins.
- There are fewer branding opportunities It is a problem that most wholesalers can have a problem with. Wholesaling and dropshipping only allows you to market the products of other people. In other words, unless you make sure you are doing your homework, there is little chance for your brand to grow. This results in most customers making use of third-party marketplaces and sites to market their products.
- Fewer Amount of Products Compared to the competition: 1.6 million is not an insignificant number. But for an online retailer it could be a bit too small of a number. Some stores even triple this.
- None Existent Location-Based Search Location-based search to locate suppliers is questionable and mildly irritating at most. For online retailers it can be a significant issue as the majority of customers want new and quick access to suppliers. In addition, it can be the source of bottlenecks that could end the entire operation of an online store
Overall, Salehoo is a good service to start with when you’re just beginning to learn about e-commerce. They provide a variety of features that are extremely beneficial for people who are already accustomed to the e-commerce process and also for those who are new to the field. Salehoo Vs Of Which
The Market Research tool, while highly comprehensive and robust but can be a bit intimidating to newcomers. However, this could be addressed with the help of free guides and training courses that are available at any time you utilize the tools.
For their directories, although they’ve got less suppliers than their competitors (1000 for dropshipping and 8000 for wholesalers) They can be trusted through their vetting process.
The low cost of Salehoo is also excellent. The annual price of $67 is a lot to offer and their lifetime access price is also quite affordable.
If you’re satisfied with the services of Salehoo and are certain to continue using them for a longer period of time, the $127 price is a much less expensive and more affordable option than the annual fee.
Of course , this is only true when you’re serious in diving into the world of e-commerce. Otherwise, it would be better to Google stuff yourself.
FAQs Salehoo Vs Of Which
Should I buy Salehoo?
The choice is up to you.
If you’re interested in making a career out of eCommerce or are interested in trying dropshipping for a side hustle, then Salehoo’s services can be a very welcome option for you to use. Directories and market research from Salehoo can help you find the proper niche for you to begin.
But, if you’re not serious with your venture, you’ll just be wasting your money. Making a successful online store takes a lot of hard-work and dedication. There are plenty of testimonies on Salehoo’s website that provide testimonials about how effective Salehoo is, the people also dedicated a lot of their time and energy to get where they are now.
Does Salehoo offer a free trial period?
Salehoo is not offering the option of a trial period for free. They offer a trial for a low cost period.
While Salehoo provides a reasonable cost and a 100% refund for unsatisfied customers It also provides a 7-day trial for the price of just $1. It may not be completely free, but it’s nevertheless a reasonable cost to try out the product.
Are Salehoo compatible with Shopify?
Absolutely, Salehoo can be integrated with Shopify with Salehoo dropshipping.
Salehoo Dropshipping is the most recent service offered by Salehoo has Shopify integration. It is not that difficult to set-up. Once it is done, you are able to show these items on your Shopify page with the click of just a few buttons.
Is Salehoo a scam?
Yes, Salehoo is not a scam.
Salehoo is a BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating of A. Customers can rest sure that Salehoo will:
- Respond to customer complaints as quickly as possible
- Follow the BBB code of Advertising
- Any disagreements that arise between the company and the customers.
Salehoo also offers an unconditional money-back guarantee. Customers who are not satisfied with the service can wait at minimum 60 days to request for the full amount or a full refund of the membership.
In the next 60 days all customers who pay have unrestricted access to the supplier database, Market Research Lab, along with their training guides and other resources for learning.
Salehoo’s customer service is also an indication of how trustworthy they are. With a committed customer service who responds promptly and quickly and ensures that their customers receive what they get for their money.
Where can I contact Salehoo Customer Service?
The customer service of Salehoo is contactable via live chat on their website.
They can also be reached through their email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach them via their twitter and facebook accounts to get fast assistance.
There is also a toll-free number: (888) 881-8703. For US customers, try calling (213) 839-6836.
For customers located in Canada you can contact them at +1 647 846 8912
They are available from Monday to Friday from 5:15 p.m. to 11:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.