Shopping online is the norm nowadays. For a lot of people, building an online store can be a source of steady income or even just retirement money. If you own or previously owned an “real real world” store they could have a chance to expand their business or just basically to get in with the latest trends.
However, the thought of building your own store from scratch can be very intimidating. Many questions will be circulating in your head. How much does it cost? Where can I find a supplier? Where do I store them?
Although they are all valid concerns, it does not mean that there aren’t any solutions.
This is where services such as Salehoo are available.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Online Verve’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Salehoo.
Overview: Saleh-what Now? Salehoo Vs 2021
Salehoo is essentially a wholesale and dropshipping directory. What this means is that they offer sellers a listing of approved supplies and connect them to each for the purpose of conducting business. With the assistance of Salehoo online store owners can locate suppliers that ensure a steady flow of supply and stock of the item is they are selling.
Salehoo’s list of suppliers can be found across the globe. All the way from China to Australia, all the way from United States to across the ocean to the United Kingdom, if you are in search of a supplier somewhere, chances are Salehoo has a supplier in that area. It’s not bad for a tiny business located in Middle Earth.
Yes. Salehoo is an New Zealand based company. It was founded by entrepreneur partners: Simon Slade and Mark Ling. Slade, who was selling stuff through a local auction site, was bombarded with inquiries about where he found his suppliers and who his suppliers were. Because of these inquiries, he realized the growing potential of an online directory of suppliers.
Together with Ling they co-founded Salehoo and, without their unwavering dedication, Salehoo would not be here today. With age, Salehoo’s services have only improved and even became the best directory for looking at dropshipping suppliers from around the globe.
All About Dropshipping
For those not in the know, dropshipping is a method for online sellers to sell products directly from suppliers without having to touch the product.
In a way, when the customer purchases at an online store there’s a possibility wherein the store doesn’t come into contact with the product being sold. The item is shipped from the supplier to the buyer directly.
This generally does away with a lot of aspects. For one, an online retailer doesn’t have to maintain inventory of its products. So, overhead costs be less of a hassle.
Dropshipping allows the business owner is able to operate his shop whenever and wherever they are, just as long as there is an internet connection and a laptop connected via the Internet.
Salehoo is first and foremost an online directory of suppliers. Although they provide customers with information on the best places to purchase the items that they want and need, Salehoo themselves do not sell their own products. They sell services.
Given that they have been in operation for nearly 20 years now it’s natural for their range of services to expand. A few of them we will examine in the following paragraphs.
For online entrepreneurs this aspect is the core of the services provided by Salehoo. Customers who avail of these services have access to 1000 dropship suppliers who are carefully reviewed by Salehoo.
Anyone who uses this service can be sure that whoever they contact from this list won’t be a shady person.
This is in comparison with other dropship retailers who do not avail of services such as Salehoo. They are more vulnerable to be scammed than the typical customer.
In this directory, buyers will find plenty of details about the companies. This can include but are not only:
- Contact Information
- Product Variety
- Quality goods
- Reviewers of Customer Service
- Their Delivery Locations
- Their preferred method of shipping
For dropshipping firms, salehoo will offer suppliers for the most popular products and categories from fashion stuff like clothes and accessories, to cool gadgets and toys as well as exotic stuff like antiques. Salehoo Vs 2021
While everybody is gushing about dropship companies, it does not mean that Salehoo doesn’t offer a directory of their wholesale suppliers. They are thoroughly and rigorously vetted by the company as those of the dropship ones.
In fact, Salehoo’s list of wholesale suppliers vetted by Salehoo is more than that of their list of dropship suppliers. They have 8000 (8000)
Like the dropship suppliers this list will provide you with a lot of information you need to know.
The products of these wholesale suppliers come at their genuine wholesale price. This means there might be no additional cost that you must pay to Salehoo. In the end, it’s just the list of suppliers you paid for, and not the products.
Salehoo offers wholesale suppliers from different products such as Lego, Adidas, Sony, 3m and even Disney. With the suppliers listed on Salehoo’s list, you can be sure that the products you get are genuine producc
The wholesale suppliers and dropship suppliers are what comprises the Salehoo Directory. Salehoo Vs 2021
Market Research and Market Research Labs.
Market research is a crucial aspect to run a successful business. In order to stay in the game, retailers need to know what they should sell and at what price.
For prospective retailers or those seeking to expand their business by offering different products, searching for what to sell can also be a challenge.
Most of the time searching for an opportunity to fill the market is usually the way to go. However, even then it could take some trial and error to identify the right market. Salehoo’s market research and market research labs remove the need for this trial and trial and.
In searching for a specific niche, it is natural to search for products based on instinct which often leads to erroneous decision making. What you should be looking at is unbiased and pure data.
With Salehoo keeping track of around 1.6 million products in their catalog, this data is entirely accessible to their customers. It is their responsibility to use this information.
It is important to remember that the information you receive will depend on your location and also the currency you use, so there could be some slight discrepancies between the two. But their estimates of price are very accurate in general.
The data is filtering in four different ways through the service. This includes:
- Product type
- Sell rate
- Average price
Perhaps you’re wondering, Salehoo dropship? Didn’t you mention that Salehoo is an online directory and does not offer products? So what exactly is Salehoo Dropship?
It is true that Salehoo continues to be an online directory of suppliers. Salehoo dropship doesn’t mean that Salehoo has become their own retailer. Salehoo dropship is the latest tool Salehoo offers to shopify owners.
This tool automates the process of integrating Salehoo to the Shopify system..
Gone are the days where you squander your time, poring over catalogues of products from suppliers. This tool will make your life easier. Shopify store owners will have their lives simplified.
This tool allows them to get access to the previously mentioned list of Salehoo’s 1000 verified dropship companies and, with a single click, display their selected items on your shopify site or store. Naturally, the pricing of these products will still be at the discretion of the store owner.
This saves a lot of time that can be used to conduct market research or simply for some free time. Salehoo Vs 2021
To be honest the most interesting feature of salehoo is their guides to training. They have full guides to training which have lots to be related to running an online shop.
Why is this surprising, you ask? It is due to how extensive these guides are. These guides provide instructions on how to sell your merchandise to multiple online stores like eBay or Amazon.
They even provide guidance on how to set up your online store. Guides like on how to create a business registration, tax laws, as well as guides on how to import to different countries, they have it all covered.
It is among the best bonuses the service could offer.
Customer Support and Service
When it comes to matters dealing with business, trade, and money. It is essential for websites to provide responsive and helpful customer service.
The customer support at Salehoo is just like that. At least, according to the majority of online discussions about their support for customers.
Judging by their operating times of 5:45 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. If you encounter any issues, you can contact them via live chat or email, or via phone from Monday to Friday around these times.
Their Twitter and Facebook pages can also be used to contact customer service if you’d rather to use these channels.
However, this doesn’t necessarily mean their service to customers is already flawless. There’s always room that can be improved.
One possibility is to extend their customer service hours on weekends so that they can give people who only operate their online retail during that time the chance to call whenever they help is needed. Salehoo Vs 2021
Another possibility is to offer the customer service assist in looking for items that aren’t listed, when they’re not listed. Similar to how Worldwide Brands, another wholesale and dropshipping directory.
Overall, though Salehoo’s client service and support is doing a good job, they can still improve their services. Of course, these improvements should be done without sacrificing their already satisfactory service.
The services offered by Salehoo are at an affordable price of $67 per one year subscription. It provides access to complete Salehoo Supplier Directory, both dropshipping and wholesale. Additionally, it includes the Market Research Labs, personal email support and access to the forum for members.
If for the first year you are content about the services. You can either renew your subscription or get Lifetime access for $127. This is by far the most well-known option of the two.
These prices are a bargain when compared with other directory of suppliers services.
But, we cannot deny that there is a possibility that you won’t fit with how Salehoo’s services are. For that, Salehoo offers a 60-day money-back assurance. It’s as simple by sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org up to 60 days after you purchased the product.
The other feature they have added to their service is their 7 day trial that costs $1. If you’re looking to try dipping your toes into the service and not plunge into it, you can go through the trial for 7 days and have access to the wholesale database and labs for just $1.
PROS and CONS
An easy and quick method to determine whether Salehoo service is right for you is to examine the pros and cons. While it is not a substitute for real experience on the service, it’s essential to get an idea of what you are paying for and what the possible problems are. Salehoo Vs 2021
- Good Customer Service: Those who have had the pleasure of getting in touch with Salehoo’s customer service seem to have nothing bad to say to them. The availability of the company’s customer service allows customers to reach them whenever they need to. This is valuable service to anyone just starting out on the path to online retail.
- Multiple Brands and Diverse Brands: Salehoo has supplies from numerous brands. It includes Lego, Samsung, Levi’s, Disney among others. You can get items from the most popular brands along with some niche ones.
- Suppliers You can Rely on: Salehoo makes sure that they have only the top and most trusted suppliers in their database. With their stringent vetting process, customers can be sure that wherever they buy their products, they can trust them. If you select one from the Salehoo directory.
- Beginner Friendly Training – Salehoo offers a dazzling training space. The guides they have available for paying customers are as complete and as helpful as they can be. A few of the guides addressed issues that were frequently appear in their community forums.
- Hidden Fees = None: Salehoo itself is cheap and affordable costing just $67 for a year’s subscription. The only thing users have to worry about are the fees for application from the supplier themselves and that’s the responsibility of the customer and the supplier.
- Money-back Guaranteed Services: Salehoo promises to provide a quality service. As such, they provide a 60-day money back guarantee to those who feel they did not make the right decision. This is a full reimbursement without requirements asked.
- Low Required Minimum Orders Suppliers of Salehoo require just low minimum orders. This is particularly beneficial for wholesale shops that don’t have a big enough inventory or who are just testing out the waters.
- Informative and Comprehensive Market Research Saleshoo’s market research is among the best available. With precise information on price, market trends and other information, you are sure that you’ve got all the information you require to proceed with your choice.
- It can be difficult to use: For people who are new to online retailing the information provided by Salehoo, although very helpful can be very difficult for some. This is especially the case if the user does not be aware of what certain terms mean or what metrics are for.
- Unavoidable Marketplace Fees: Most of online retailing these days typically happens on larger sites like Ebay and Amazon and this includes Salehoo users. The fees charged by these marketplaces can be costly and reduce profit margins of the business.
- Less Branding Opportunities Branding Opportunities: This is something wholesalers with a majority of wholesalers face a problem with. Dropshipping and wholesaling only permit you to sell the products of other people. As such, unless you take your time, there is little chance for your business to expand. The result is that most customers are using marketplaces and third-party websites to market their products.
- More Products, but fewer compared with the Competition: 1.6 million is not a meager number. For online retailers this could be too few of a number. Some stores have even more than that.
- There is no existing location-based search Location-based search for suppliers is extremely problematic and somewhat irritating at most. For online stores it can be a huge problem since most customers would prefer a new and quick access to the suppliers. Additionally, it could be the source of bottlenecks that could end the entire operation of an online store
Overall, Salehoo is a good service to start with when you’re just beginning to learn about e-commerce. They have a wide range of features that are extremely beneficial for people who are familiar with the e-commerce process and also for those who are new to the field. Salehoo Vs 2021
The Market Research tool, while extremely robust and comprehensive but can be a bit intimidating to beginners. However, this could be addressed with the help of free guides and training courses which are offered whenever you avail of the services.
As for their directories, although they’ve got fewer suppliers than the competition (1000 for dropshipping, and 8000 for wholesalers), these suppliers can be trusted through their vetting process.
The salehoo price is also great. The yearly price of $67 has a lot to offer and the lifetime access price is also affordable.
If you are happy with the services of Salehoo and are certain to continue using the service for a long period of time, the price of $127 would seem a cheaper and more affordable option than the yearly fee.
This is of course only applicable only if you are seriously interested in diving into e-commerce. Otherwise, it would be best to do your own research.
FAQs Salehoo Vs 2021
Should I get Salehoo?
The decision is completely dependent on you.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in eCommerce or if you just would like to consider dropshipping as a side hustle, then Salehoo’s services can be a very welcome tool for you to have. The directories and market research of Salehoo can help you find the proper niche for you to begin.
However, if you are not committed to your venture, you’ll just be wasting your money. Creating a proper online store requires lots of effort and dedication. While there are testimonies in Salehoo’s websites that give testimonials about how effective Salehoo is, these people spent a large portion of their time to reaching where they are today.
Does Salehoo provide a trial period?
Salehoo does not have a free trial period. They do offer a free trial period.
While Salehoo has a fairly affordable price and a full refund to customers who are not satisfied and offers a 7-day trial for the price of $1. Although it’s not completely free, but it is nonetheless a fair cost to try out the product.
Are Salehoo Compatible with Shopify?
It is true that Salehoo is compatible with Shopify using Salehoo dropshipping.
Salehoo Dropshipping is the latest service offered by Salehoo has Shopify integration. It is not that difficult to setup. Once it is done, you are able to showcase these items on your Shopify webpage at the touch of two buttons.
Is Salehoo a fraud?
No, Salehoo is not a scam..
Salehoo has a BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating of A. Customers can be confident of the fact that Salehoo will:
- Respond to customer complaints as quickly as you can
- Follow the BBB code of advertising
- Any disagreements that arise between the business and its customers.
Salehoo also provides a money back guarantee. Customers who are not satisfied with the service can wait at minimum 60 days to request for a full refund for their subscription.
In the next 60 days the customers that pay for their services have unrestricted access to their supplier list, Market Research Lab, as well as their guides and training resources.
The customer service at Salehoo is an indication of how trustworthy they are. With a committed customer service that responds quickly and promptly the company ensures their customers receive what they get for their money.
Where can I get in touch with Salehoo customer service?
The customer service of Salehoo is contactable via live chat on their website.
They can also be reached through their email at email@example.com. You can also contact them via their twitter and facebook accounts for fast support.
There is also a toll-free number: (888) 881-8703. For US customers, they can make an attempt to call (213) 839-6836.
For customers located in Canada you can contact them through +1 647 846 8912
They are available from Monday to Friday between 5:30 p.m. until 11:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.